Dx3 Canada, Oxford Properties Group, Retail Prophet and the Retail Council of Canada (RCC) have partnered up to launch the Canadian Retail Innovation Challenge. Currently accepting applications, this is a national competition to help discover and promote the best retail and technology entrepreneurs that Canada has to offer.
Six start-ups from all applications submitted will be selected to showcase and pitch their business concepts to industry leaders, including Oxford Properties Group and Retail Prophet, live at Dx3 taking place March 8-9, 2017 at Metro Toronto Convention Centre. From there, two winners will get the chance to:
- Debut their concepts at Canada’s premier mall – Yorkdale Shopping Centre, or another premium Oxford Shopping Centre
- Receive the opportunity to meet and pitch to the RCC Board of Directors, representing some of the largest retailers in Canada
- Be featured in Canadian Retailer, Amber Mac’s Tech Spotlight and the Dx3 Digest
- Participate in the Store 2017 conference
“Canadian start-ups are bringing us bright new ideas and innovations that are having a substantial impact on almost every industry, including retail. OMERS and Oxford have been supportive of the start-up community for many years, with Shopify as an example. We are excited to play a role in this initiative,” said Bradley Jones, senior vice-president of Retail at Oxford Properties Group. “We are looking forward to seeing the ideas that emerge from the competition and showcasing the best ones in the Oxford Portfolio.”
The competition has been organized into two categories:
- Retail Merchants that provide consumers with a different product, service or shopping experience
- Retail Technology that offers innovation, changing or influencing the consumer shopping experience
Three finalists from each category will be selected to be part of the pitch-off. Dx3 is accepting applications until January 27, 2017. Finalists will be notified the first week of February. Apply today!
Don’t have your All Access Pass for Dx3 2017 yet? Register now for Early Bird pricing and save $75 (until Jan. 23).