In this episode of the Podium Project podcast, host Trevor Currie and producer Karen Ward discuss the best way to talk to and connect with senior audiences – as in executives not citizens!
- 0:42 – Trevor asks Karen about her experience meeting with and speaking to senior audiences. Karen talks about the importance of brevity and freshness.
- 1:58 – Trevor talks about the importance of sharing your recommendations or most important points first when speaking to executives. Don’t make them wait for the most salient content.
- 2:46 – Karen shares a few suggestions for connecting with senior executives and how you might communicate ideas in a fresh way.
- 7:02 – Trevor talks about why we often feel trepidation when we sit down with an executive or present to a senior audience.
- 8:10 – Trevor offers some suggestions for how best to connect with and present to senior executives.
- 10:29 – Karen asks Trevor what we should never do when presenting to senior audiences.